Does anyone recognise this dahlia?

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,613

I fell in love with this dahlia today at East Ruston - does anyone recognise it please?

Isnt it absolutely gorgeous?

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,220

Twinings after eight. maybe.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,613

Hmm, similar but the petals of the unknown are slimmer, and a lot of them have a sort of a twist, as if it were a Catherine Wheel - incredibly elegant about dark foliage.

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !

Star Child, perhaps. Has the same darker centre.

North Star is also similar, but the centre is lighter.

I think you're right Rusflorumimage  It looks most like Star Child - I've googled and it looks more like it in some photos than others, but that's the way of photos of course.  All of them have the slim slightly twisted petals and dark stems - on all the sites I've found it's described as great for cutting, and it was planted in the Cutting Garden at East Ruston - I think it's wonderful and I have to have one image

Thank you all image

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

For dahlia lovers searching for something special, here a great site

http://www.national-dahlia-collection.co.uk/en/dahlias-search?limit=45&p=30

Thank you so much Verdun - what a star you are!!!

I shall keep it on the kitchen windowsill until the frosts are over and it will go in the new front border that I'm going to get ready this winter . image

I shall have to make you lots and lots of cakes image