Are T&M having a laugh!

XX Posts: 707

If it was April 1st i'd have said this was a good one for April Fools Day...

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/vegetables/vegetable-plants/all-vegetable-plants/tomtato/t47176TM

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,257

A tomato plant grafted on top of a potato plant. £15 a throw. Yes they're having a laugh.

I'll stick to growing them separately thanks.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • XX Posts: 707

Same here FB.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,762

Eh??

They must be having a laugh - but think how many people will be duped. image

to walk through a forest is to touch the past

I know someone who has ordered 2 and she gets a third free and it's definitely not me!

• AtillaAtilla Posts: 1,493

There must be some demand or they would not sell it. 9cm pots for £15 is astounding though, even if it has a 20% discount with various codes as you cannot use a discount code and free P&P (£7)

• I wonder how many more people are going to be confused about the fruit produced on ordinary potato plants that look like tomatoes. I envision more people being poisoned

I thought that as well Fleurisa image

• Saw Peter Seabrook with one in yesterdays sun (nothing else to read in work canteen!) - it looked real! He said he'd have got a bigger crop of taters if he'd used a bigger pot - flowerpot that is!image

Might be OK if you only have a balcony and are desperate for space. 

Otherwise its just a gimmick with no relevance to real gardeners.

And I might be missing something here, but you would have to wait until all the toms have ripened before you dig up the potatoes?

So not first earlies then. Maincrop susceptible to blight?