Current problems with forum and login

• Peat BPeat B Posts: 441

Hey ! I've got a piece of paper with the time written on it ! (Thursday neet, 2233hrs ! )

• Daniel HaynesDaniel Haynes Posts: 379 admin

Hello everyone,

I've had an update from the technical helpdesk: they've identified the cause of the problem (which wasn't what we thought originally) and have started the fix. It's going to take another hour (it's now 15.38) or so, after which, we hope the forum will display correctly and the login status also.

So, please bear with us just a little longer and I'll post another update shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Daniel Haynes

Editor, gardenersworld.com

Hello again everyone,

Well... I think the problem is now fixed. We have a weekly 'build' on the site, when various updates and fixes that the developers have been working on are published to the live site. It seems that one of the 'under the hood' updates has been causing the problems that have been annoying everyone all week. It's taken a while to determine this, but it seems to now be resolved.

You might need to close and restart your browser for everything to update. Once you've done this the site should be working OK - do please let me know if you have any further problems.

Once again, I'm very sorry for the frustrations of the last week.

Daniel Haynes

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,818

No still not getting anything.

More or less giving up.

Don't want to keep Ctrl F5 over and over again.

Hello Matty2,

Have you closed and reopened your browser? If so, and it hasn't worked, it's also worth logging out and logging back in again.

Daniel

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,802

Hello Daniel.  Just logged back in 5 minutes ago - 17:15 - and still having to do ctrl F5 to get latest posts in threads.

Do appreciate being kept informed of what's going on.  Good luck to the team hunting and fixing the bugs.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 24,538

Also still having to do ctrl+f5 but posts are showing. Thanks for keeping at it Daniel!

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Hello everyone,

Mmm. We'll need to monitor this. If you still have problems over the weekend, please let me know here, and I'll pass it all on the team on Monday. I'm still hoping that the fix might just be taking a little time to filter through and it will all be rectified shortly.

I've been experiencing the same problems all week, and am now finding the site is working fine. We've had a number of testers on the case, all of whom are reporting things are working again. If that turns out not to be the case, it will all hands on deck again on Monday.

Fingers crossed!

Daniel Haynes

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,987

I seem to be Ok now, things updating. Slow and keep losing it but that will be my super-slow rural broadband.

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,156

ok in north manchester . thanks dan help yourself to a beerimage