Forum home Talkback

potted lilies

I was bought some lily bulbs and a ceramic pot for mothers day this year, not sure what variety as they were a supermarket kit, with little info. I planted them and they have grown to about six inches, the leaves look very healthy, and there appears to be a small black berry thing in the centre of the leaf stalk. I'm not sure what to do next, should I repot them, the current pot is about 8 inch ? I'm a novice but enthusiastic and keen to learn!

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,158

The small black berry thing sounds like a bulbil. You can detach these and grow them on to become a new bulb, but they are not really worth it.

I assume it flowered this year. When it dies down, repot into a larger pot of rich, gritty compost for more flowers next year.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • I thought i was fairly computer literate however I have been unable to find the one (so far) response to my post, Help?!

• Ignore my last. Thanks fidgetbones, no it didnt flower this year, should i wait and see or follow your last advice....and do I leave them outside or in?