GW free tulips in oct issue

i am having touble getting to order these.. i go to the site it says it comes up put in the code nad nothing..

anyone else having trouble..

• I only got my copy of the magazine today, maybe the code isn't live till October 1st, I couldn't get it to work either.

• ah.. you may be right.. jumping the gun a bit i thinkimage but normally they are live once i get it.. so will try later.. thanks

• well know i can order them but it insists i pay £4.95 postage on top as well.. so not really worth it for me.. that makes £10.55.. so something is wrong with it.. it clearly states on magazine that it is just £5.60 for them..

• The offer is now working on the Mr Fothergills website & I have just successfully managed to order my bulbs. image

• hi.. yes it is now working.. i have just ordered mine.. panic over nothing.. just wanted to get it done before go back to mums today... or might miss out on it..image love my tulips.

• Has anyone received their tulips yet?

• AtillaAtilla Posts: 1,493

Free bulbs were for England and Wales only image

• no-show so far----payment taken off my debit card 11 days ago 

• No they were'nt for England and Wales only Blairs.

I got an email this morning to say mine have been dispatched.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,692

I think the voucher was for certain outlets only ladyg. We don't have those ones in Scotland unfortunately. I gave mine to another member here. image

• i got mine today.. and i am not happy.. the order stated for last 2 weeks order part ready.. it arrived today and the ballerina bulbs are damp and mouldy.. all the paperwork inside is damp.. yet the padded envelope is dry???

i will be contactin mr fothergills to complain..

• I wanted to get them but can't find my Oct copy. Can anyone tell me which site I need to go on and the code to use please.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,692

pg- it's or phone 08447707733 and quote GW13OCT but you have to spend  a tenner on the phone so maybe not worth it.

Are you a subscriber Bev? I won't be using it so pm if you want and I'll give you my discount code to use image

• I do subscribe thanks Fairy-only want the tulips from this offer so don't need another code. Thank you for ofering

• gardeningfantic I got mine the other day and some of them were mouldy too. I emailed to complain and recieved a generic reply saying my email had been logged but have'nt heard anything since.

I've had unresolved problems with them before.

• ladygardener2.. i also have heard nothing.. and have emailed them again.. if i hear nothing i willb e contacting gardeners world to inform them that the company send out bad goods..see what they do..

• gardeningfantic I have been in touch with gardeners world to inform them what has happened. I doubt anything will be done 'tho. I emailed mr. f twice but have heard nothing since the generic replies.

• well.. i contacted gardenersworld mag thru this site.. and told them i was not only one with problems with the bulbs i received.. and i got a reply.. they will be contacting my fothergills.. and if i dont here anyting within next 48 hours to contact them again and they will sort it..

well guess what.. today i finally got repsonse from mr fothergills.. and they are sending out replacements..

So Ladygardner2.. it is worth it and you should also get the same response..image

• this is the email of the lady at gardeners mag i been communicating with.. if you hear nothing then contact her..

• gardeningfantic when I read your post saying you were going to contact gardeners world direct I did just that. I told them about the 2 generic replies I recieved from Mr F and gave the case numbers assigned.

I too heard right back from GW who had gotten in touch with Mr. F and also from Mr Fothergills who said they were sending a new batch of tulips.

It'll be interesting to see if the new tulips arrive in good time and are'nt mouldy. Great to get such a positive response from Gardeners World.