Forum home Talkback

Talkback: Gardening disputes between neighbours

• To Kate,

Regarding the fag butts, suggest you buy your neighbours a giant"garden ashtray" maybe they will take the hint?
  • To whitevan woman

I could, but they live in the flat upstairs and don't have a garden. Perhaps I'll snip them a rude message in my lawn...

Sir Digalot - that was a joke ;)
  • my neigbour at the bottom of the garden has a massive chestnut tree which has spread over my garden it makes an mess of my garden and my fish pond and im un abl to let my grandson out to play as the prickly chestnuts would hurt him the tree has a tpo on it requested by its owner is there any thing that can be done about this monster tree which is ruining my garden
  • Re Chestnut, i have been told that any problems have to go through your local council, if they say no, then unfortunately, like me, there is nothing you can do. A ridiculous situation eh?
  • Re Chestnut,
    i have been told that any problems have to go through your local council, if they say no, then unfortunately, like me, there is nothing you can do. A ridiculous situation eh?
  • My neighbours have windchimes, bamboo, a dog and very sensitive security lights in the back garden and at the side between ours houses! They have recently leveled their garden and paved it all. As they have no drainage they have placed a drain (like guttering) outside the back gate that drains onto our property and across our backgarden patio! They hose down the back garden once a week as they have a dog so it is constantly covered in debris (and sometime poop)! As we now they can be unreasonable we are seeking help before approaching them about this but it makes you feel really uncomfortable! Its not always about law sometimes its just being considerate!
  • This is the first time I have been on the blog site- we also have suffered cigarette butts and rubbish, barking dogs, lack of privacy, loud music and screaming children.It helps to know others are in a similar situation and that being reasonable with the neighbours is sometimes very one sided. I look forwards so much to spring and getting into the garden more but wish more than anything we could enjoy a summers evening sitting out in our garden - without earplugs!
  • my neighbour has three leylandii at the bottom of his garden which are about seventy feet high and a combine width of about fifty feet. Most of my garden hasn't seen sun in years, the lawn is just weeds. All I want to do is have a nice garden with some plants and maybe a veg patch but I don't have a chance with those bloody things and the chances are very slim that the owners will cut them down to a more reasonable height as they don't effect the sun reaching their garden.
  • my neighbours have an annoying windchime [made of bamboo] which not only annoys me but all my other neighbours plus they have just removed slate from myboundary without my permission and dumped them in a pile in threr front garden i am really annoyed
  • My neighbour has planted a eucalyptus tree within 15ft of my house,is then any law or action that I can take before my property suffers from subsidence due to his tree. we are on clay ground,and have had problems with subsidence in the past, so it may be hard to prove that it is his tree that has caused it.