Drunk wasps all over my fallen apples - advice needed!
We have 2 apple trees, one eating and one cooking apple. The fallen eating apples are all over the garden path and are understandably attracting LOTS of wasps. (They're not interested in the cookers at all!) I've been trying to pick up the fallen apples but often they contain loads of wasps inside where they've been eating the inside out (I counted 16 crawling out of one small apple..*shudder*).I know it's only a matter of time before I get stung. The wasps are pretty intoxicated from the fermenting fruit and I have a feeling they're not happy drunks!
Have others had this problem? What's the best thing to do... Just keep removing the fallen apples into my green bag and hope nobody gets stung? Move the fallen apples elsewhere in the garden to let them carry on their drunken merriment? Use a wasp catcher (or will this make them worse?)
Any sage advice greatly appreciated.