Forum home Talkback

WHAT ARE CROCS

IN OE NE OF YOUR PLANTING POT SUGGESTIONS,YOU SAY ADD CROCS TO THE BASE OF THE POT,WHAT ARE CROCS?

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

Old broken flower pots etc,pieces added to base of pot to add drainage.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,161

if you don't have broken plants pots, you can use lumps of polystyrene.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • XX Posts: 707

They are dodgy plastic shoes Peter!!!!  No, seriously, they are broken bits of terracotta pots or stones.  They allow the pot to drain more easily, you can use broken up polystyrene as well, it's not as heavy as terracotta.

• Alan4711Alan4711 LincolnshirePosts: 1,657
    Pete they are for drainage at the bottom of the plant pot, people used to use broken old plant pots broken up small and put into the base of the pot before adding the soil ,sometimes people use polystyrene,really any type of stones will do the trick,

Good luck

When I read the headline, I was going to say, there are a bit like alligators but found in Australia.imageimage

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • fidget tut tut!!!! that was terrible.image

Sorry.image

• addictaddict Posts: 659
    PaulaH wrote (see)

They are dodgy plastic shoes Peter!!!!  No, seriously, they are broken bits of terracotta pots or stones.  They allow the pot to drain more easily, you can use broken up polystyrene as well, it's not as heavy as terracotta.

Haha!!!! That was my immediate thought too image

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,264

imageI was thinking of something witty to say too fbimage 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,568

I'm a bit of an old croc some daysimage