Forum home Plants

Plant id please

2»

• i dunno nutcutlet.. its looks like my vipers, the curve of the flower stem and the colour of the flowers..

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,355

A pic of the whole plant would tell us wouldn't it? Can we have one please Wendyimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • you may be right nut... it is hard to tell its height from teh piccie or how the leafs are

I've been googling around and both these plants seem to be called Echium vulgare. One is a short annual and the other is a tall biennial. What do we deduce from that? image

• @nut... only that they are the same plant only one talle than the otherimage i am rather keen to get some seed for the smaller annual one..

can't help you there gardeningfantic. However, if you'd like the tall biennial one I can supply that

• thanks nut.. but i have harvested my own this year.. got some seeds last year and love this plant so much.. i was told in the shade but wondered it it would like the sun as want to show it off reallyimage

• Hello everyone,I`m always surprised by the interest shown by everybody.many thanks.I`ve just come in this evening ,and it`s to dark now for a better photo.Will try tomorrow. gardeningfantic--- the stem and leaves are prickly to touch.

gardeningfantic wrote (see)

thanks nut.. but i have harvested my own this year.. got some seeds last year and love this plant so much.. i was told in the shade but wondered it it would like the sun as want to show it off reallyimage

Mine seed around like mad but the best ones are in the sun. It grows on sand dunes in the open so hot and dry should suit it

Some of us love the challenge of a 'what is it?' Wendy, we'll drivel on for hours sometimes with suggestions and discussions