Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

why-is-it

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

from time to time some not so nice people turn up on the forum but most of us respect other peoples outlooks (even if we know they're wrong)image

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • XX Posts: 707

It's not worth the agro is it Nut image  Let's leave the dillusional ones to their ranting and the rest of us can get on with helping those who need help.

Nice to meet you Haisie by the way image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Yes, sorry Haisie, how rude of me not to say hello before, Hello. Welcome

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • HaisieHaisie Posts: 108

Aw shucks! How lovely and what a welcome, thank you all. Well, I was born on this 'Janet Salisbury' as I didn't realise that I could create a name. And so I morphed into Haisie. Amusing myself with a mix of my two cat's names. But I do look through a haze of love at my garden image and so the pun... I think that I was quite rude and burst onto this without saying 'hello' - enthusiatic - but I thank all for advice, etc., and join in when I can giving snippets of advice (and my, oh my, are they snippets). I have been building an evergreen background in my garden for a long time and I am going to venture to more beautiful flowers next year as I am inspired. My garden seems to have recovered from the llandii suck and so it should bloom (was over 10 years ago!). But i am slow and much has died with or without my errors! But all seems alive and kicking now. I am a basic gardener: got lots of box balls; want to clip one into the shape of an aeroplane so that's a project. But otherwise all beginner plants that are growing nicely. Just put a yew, a Portugese laurel, a pieris and some eunonymous in the space that four lemon-scented conifers left as they died. So, basic plants. Thank you again, I really enjoy reading everyone's posts. Great site.

And, erm, what's the yapping dog, TinaTurner? Afraid? Very!

• Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

How long have you got Haisie as it's been going on for 4 years.  image  Do you have trouble getting off to sleep as I'm sure that once I start, you will be soundo!!

Oops, here comes that nasty Fairygirl with a gag. (Not a funny one at that)

Go on, I'm on hol until next week! Or is it just a threat? Like going for a long stand; bubble for a spirit level... When someone is new to something then they get their heads flushed. Fairygirl is nice, she's helped me. Oh, i have a lot to learn on here. Really funny!

• Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

Fairygirl is great, as they all are.  You will have to view Morning Forkers, early morning until 6, then Good Evening Forkers. If you post after the allotted time, you get a detention. Sometimes gets very crowded in that room!  Some lose track of time. image

Yapping dog. Blighted my summers for the past 3+ years. Yapped early morning, all day long and at night. Decided when they were on holiday and peace reigned and I was calm, to write a very polite, friendly letter expressing my distress.  2 days after they returned, owner pounded on my door, bit like using a battering ram, admonished me for spoiling his holiday, etc, etc.  Kept my cool then told him didn't like the look on his face, nor his tone of  voice.  Said he had had no other complaints, which I quite believe as people are apathetic and don't want to rock the boat.  I, of course, have heard many neighbours complaining.  Said he couldn't possibly stop him yapping, and blamed all the other dogs in the neighbourhood as dog was talking to them!!  Anyway, not sure what's happened but since that day - 2 weeks now - you can hear a pin drop.  I have been able to work and sit in the garden in total peace and quiet, apart from the usual kiddies playing, which I have no problem with whatsoever.  Rather like it.  I am, at the moment, very happy, apart from the fact that not once did my neighbour apologise to me fo the distress I had been caused. It was all me, me and his poor wife. 

Now, are you still awake Haisie.  Bit boring really but you did ask.

• this forum just gets better and better, been reading the posts for the past five minutes, SDcertainly got everyones dander up but look what his comments have started, a brilliant conversation, wonder if he feels better for getting it off his chest?