Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

why-is-it

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

Glad other people feel the same way about this as I do.

• XX Posts: 707

We're not all perfect SD and we can't predict the future as to how well something will grow or not grow. Life would be incredibly boring if we all knew what was going to happen.

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

Maybe you should just consider what you say next time and the manner in which you say it.

• TeenrbeeTeenrbee Posts: 57

I have only been using this forum for the past couple of months and have found it the most friendly by far, please don't go and spoil all that SD - there is no need to be rude, it isn't helpful to be intimidating and to think you know it all.  If people take the time to ask a question and need advice please be civil to them. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

If SD continues to harangue people who are simply asking a civil question, he may find that they press the 'Ignore' button by his Avataar and that way they'll never have to see his posts again - I'm sure he doesn't want that to happen.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Oh dear, here we go again!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

I do hope not Sue - that's why it's good that people who get steamed up about these things can press that ignore button if they want to.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• As someone new to gardening I find that sometimes the best way to learn is to have a go and then learn from mistakes.  It can be difficult to fully research something new to you as you don't always know what to ask or look out for, by getting stuck in you can learn as you go.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Well -  I read loads of books on playing the piano but for some reason I can't do it as well as Elton......image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445
    Georgie Edwards wrote (see)

As someone new to gardening I find that sometimes the best way to learn is to have a go and then learn from mistakes.  It can be difficult to fully research something new to you as you don't always know what to ask or look out for, by getting stuck in you can learn as you go.

that's true Georgie,

years later it's hard to remember how little you knew at the beginning. 

In the sticks near Peterborough