Can someone advise me about some almost mushroom like growths around a cut down tree stump, that I have noticed.

There are a lot of them, they are black in colour, they are quite small about as big as a marble ("20 mm max ") and they are growing between the surrounding earth and the tree stump.

Knocked one "group" off with my foot, it was a bit dark but I think they were a lighter colour inside.

I am very cautious about mushrooms and have heard tales of illness and worse from picking and eating wild mushrooms.


Sign In or Register to comment.