Forum homeβ€Ί The potting shed

🌱 πŸ₯ πŸ‡ RESURRECTED 129 πŸ‡ πŸ₯ 🌱

SPRING PICTURES 200 Best Pictures Free Images and Big
Time for us to begin a new thread. Carry on with the chat and banter everyone.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
Β«13456751

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,711
    Signing out for tonight. See you all tomorrow. Its hairdresser day for me at Bestie's. I hope that you all enjoy your evenings.
    snoopy inspirational pics and quotes  Snoopy quotes Peanuts quotes  Inspirational quotes

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,328
    edited 24 January
    Evening everyone from a rather damp and very windy Berlin. We had a 4.30am start this morning after a rather noisy night. Very windy and there was much debris on the country roads as we set off. The plane was delayed because of the weather, but we made up a lot of time as there was a very strong tailwind. Got a bit shaken about coming in to land but nothing too worrying!

By the time we'd got the train from the airport to the hotel and then backagain to the city centre we just had time for a quick mooch round a couple of shops before finding some dinner and beer. To be honest the wind is quite bitter as it funnels downs the gaps between buildings so I was glad we didn't need to be out longer.

Tomorrow we're going to a large sauna in the suburbs. Looking forward to that. Time for bed now. Was falling asleep on the underground coming back. Nearly missed our stop 🀭
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    Happy Thursday  Good morning snoopy Snoopy funny Peanuts
    Hello there in Berlin T'Bird. In view of your comments about the bitter winds, I hope you managed to get your thermals packed into your hand luggage to keep you warm once you come out of the sauna - unless you are intending indulging in the Scandi practice of rolling in some snow once you are finished!
    To all who live oop North and any with a trace of Scottish blood, A happy Burns Day to you all.
    Burns Night Scottish Thistles  Jus-Rol Pie Competition

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,547
    Morning everyone,Β 
    @debs64 So sorry to read about your fiance friend. I agree about how some people dress, especially wearing jeans and t shirts. I find it very disrespectful. I can understand some wanting colours, but as long as its subtle. I think black or perhaps navy to be more appropriate and respectful.Β  Shame you couldn't stay longer with his uncle, but I'm sure he was very pleased to see you both, for however long. Very best wishes to you both.Β 
    @Biglad so to hear the sad news about your friend. Sending condolences.Β 
    @Songbird-2 glad you're mum is keeping well. Such a shame she's so far away. Hope you can find somewhere nice to stay when you need to.Β 
    @Topbird enjoy your holiday.

Hope everyone is well, not posted for awhile and have forgotten most of what I've read. Still not sleeping very well. Seeing a couple of friends today. Weather doesn't look very good for today, but better than Monday and Tuesday.Β 
    Take care everyone.
  • debs64debs64 Posts: 5,116
    Good morning all. Early start at work. But at least it’s an early finish and got youngest son coming for tea. @Topbird I agree, wrap up warm and enjoy your trip, I personally would steer clear of rolling in the snow but when in Rome?Β 
    @Songbird-2 enjoy seeing friends and hope your sleep pattern improves.Β 
    Enjoy Burns day those who celebrate it, never tried haggis myself but I am sure it can be very tasty!Β 
    Good morning SGL and Debs. Its grey and rainy here again. I feel like I've been writing similar comments for a year now.
    SGL, enjoy your meet up with your friends. Debs, I hope that work runs smoothly and enjoy your son's visit today. Will you be spoiling him with something special for tea?
    An ex-colleague of mine has a haggis ordered every year to celebrate Burns Night (he lives in Preston) and I've tried it Debs. Despite being a little wary when I heard all the things it contains - and what they are contained in - I have to confess to being a little bit hesitant. However, I found it delicious.
  • BigladBiglad Posts: 3,250
    Morning all,

BIN WATCH DAY UMPTEEN: A couple more garden waste bins have made their way out onto the pavement - experienced campaigners, obviously! It's also general waste day today, so most of those are now out. However, an unexpected twist - No.96 has put out the 2 recycling bins instead. Hold onto your hats, folks - we've got all 4 colours of bins out AT THE SAME TIME :o

The binfluencers will be anxiously checking the Council Refuse and Recycling Calendar. Who will blink first? Stay tuned!
    East Lancs
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,547
    Thank you @Ladybird4Β 
    It's very grey and drizzling here. But at least the wind has stopped.
    We used to go to Burns night at the golf club. With a lovely meal.....haggis was delicious LB.Β  Piped in by a bagpipper.Β  And then Scottish dancers afterwards which we all joined in. Lovely evening. It is also my late FIL birthday today.Β