Forum home The potting shed

🎃HELLO FORKERS 🧙‍♀️October’23 👻

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 14,964
    Hi all

Dreary and wet here, but have to get some Crocus and Narcissus planted.
    Looking a bit gloomy for my surgery at the moment, strikes lack of money seem to be really biting now. 
    How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • didywdidyw Posts: 3,532
    Afternoon all.  There is weather outside now.  Luckily it was fine for my early morning meeting.  
    And then a zoom meeting so forgive me for not commenting much (apart from to say glad you got your parcel in the end @AnnaB and hope your long covid shortens soon) - and welcome to @Badly_Maintained.  
    Tired now so am going to snoozle in front of whatever rubbish is on tv.
    Gardening in East Suffolk on dry sandy soil.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,399
    Afternoon all, we're safely back home after a reasonable 4 hr ish journey on the M20, M25 and M4. Weather got gloomier and wetter the nearer we got to home but we did have brilliant sunshine in sunny Margate so musn't complain. Had a bit of a fright on the M25 when a largish spider started climbing along OH's side window - thank goodness it was his side and not mine, I'd have had hysterics! He managed to quickly open the window and batted it outside without taking his eyes off the road ahead. 

We thought it a bit odd that we didn't any see planes landing or taking off from Heathrow when we were driving past, normally it's one after another - was there a Air Traffic Control strike on?

Glad you eventually got your parcel @AnnaB and that your meetings went okay @didyw.

Now to unpack and think what to have for dinner tonight.
    North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,881
    Just got the washing in … it wasn’t much drier than when we hung it out in at about 9:30 … it’s been warm with really high humidity today. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 23,828
    I left my washing out. We've just had a short sudden thunder storm with a mini power cut. Wasn't forecast. Now raining, the washing can stay there.

I did some gardening this morning, mostly weeding. Now watching the Strictly Results.
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 23,828
    How did you manage that?
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • tui34tui34 Posts: 3,439
    Careful @Hostafan1   read the small print.

A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• ErgatesErgates Posts: 2,900
    Did you contact someone to enquire about the heat pump, @Hostafan1, or was this an unsolicited approach? If the latter, maybe check out scams?
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,863
    I contacted them
    Devon.
This discussion has been closed.