Forum home Garden design

What's the strangest thing you've done to/put in your garden?

I've been wanting a living roof but cannot have one for various reasons (spending a lot on making the roof ready for it, etc) but I had to get it out of my system so I have a temporary living roof on my 25 foot metal shed.

It gets some strange looks but it's not permanent and I can take it down anytime.

Here is my make shift living roof made of grass I've grown in shallow trays, which I placed only along the edge of the roof, as it would take about 100 trays to cover the entire roof    :#

I wish I could garden all year round!

• TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 1,957

The “thing” at the end of my garden. 

Everyone is confused when they see it. 

There was a concrete base in that corner and I didn’t fancy digging it all out so I fenced off the area, covered it in a thick layer of bark and now it’s my “snug”. Table, chairs, plants in pots and hanging baskets; sheltered from the wind and sun (fair skinned and I burn easily). I love it. 

I’ll create a small border next to it at some point and grow some climbers against it. 

The neighbours were very confused 😂
  • M33R4M33R4 Posts: 291
    @M33R4 ....Do you have a name for your wall of logs? You can never get rid of or change anything once it has a name. 

Lol never give names usually but not a bad idea GardenerSuze  :)
    I wish I could garden all year round!
  • bcpathomebcpathome Posts: 1,300
    I meant hare not hair ,stupid predictive text 
  • Cambridgerose12Cambridgerose12 Posts: 1,134
    @TheGreenMan, I love it! It's a little bit Derek Jarman. Makes me want to go and see it up close. The planting is excellent.
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 1,957
    @TheGreenMan, I love it! It's a little bit Derek Jarman. Makes me want to go and see it up close. The planting is excellent.
    Thanks @Cambridgerose12

Growing up in a similarly industrial landscape may have rubbed off on me! 

This was it in September last year.