Forum home The potting shed

Anyone know of a complete list of horticultural events in 2023 ?

I was wondering if anyone's come across a consolidated and comprehensive UK-wide list of gardening and horticultural events for this year, online or elsewhere ?  It would surely be a handy list to have in order to plan for days out.
When there's always biscuits in the tin, where's the fun in biscuits ?

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,013
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Thanks for that @Obelixx.  Those are great as far as they go but I was wondering if there was perhaps a more comprehensive list to be found in just one place ?  Including open garden network, allotment society shows, dahlia and chrysanth shows, and other smaller, more local, less well advertised shows too.  

Maybe this is a job for that there Arrrtificial Intelligence.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,894
    Many villages have one,two or even three Horticultural Society shows each year … usually but not always affiliated to the RHS. Maybe your local Hort Soc or Allotment Society would be a place to start? 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,013
    @Winston_The_Gravity_Man - I don't kow of a comprehensive list but you could compile one with just a little effort.

I just googled and stopped at a few.  You could go further and include things like Garden Organic, each country in the UK, the various plant societies.......
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 8,954
    @Winston_The_Gravity_Man I think it highly unlikely that there would be a comprehensive list.  Your own list of the possible groups indicates what a task it would be.  Putting together a list of links might be possible but would still be a fairly major undertaking.
  • Have you found it?
  • @TanyaRounds80. Nope, there seems to be no centralised website where they're all listed.   Never mind, it was worth an ask  :)