Forum home The potting shed

How do you feel about the coronation?

B3B3 Posts: 27,330
In London. Keen but lazy.

How do you feel about the coronation? 105 votes

Excited. Can't wait
9%
Loraine3madpenguinBig Blue SkyLTobySimone_in_WiltshireJenny_AsterThistleandroseWinston_The_Gravity_Manpalmerchristine03PsIxuyofWJR 10 votes
Interested enough to watch It on TV
25%
Lynpr1mr0seAuntiemandDovefromaboveSherwoodArrowBusy-LizziefidgetbonesMarranTopbirdBeaus MumPerkiSinging GardenerNanny BeachJaidensfieldValley GardenerMrs-B3-Southampton,-HantsRoddersUKJennyJfebruarysgirlbutlerjonny 27 votes
Neutral.
25%
AuntyRachBee witchedKT53LoxleyRedwingBright starSkandiSazz101Jason-3TheGreenManTulip18Mr. Vine EyeThorniebluejasAlliumPurpleSensationwild edgesedhelkaButterfly66Latimerborgadr 27 votes
Waste of money . Shrug shoulders
30%
Hostafan1steephillColinACebe[Deleted User]Papi JoYviestevieBlue OnionWonkyWombleRob Lockwoodmac12ShepsraisingirlAsarummicearguersSuesynwar  garden 572EustacescrogginTenN 32 votes
Angry.
6%
KiliTimmyMagicgreatnorthernexoticpuschkiniaLunarSeamawsbellBouncingBack 7 votes
Other
1%
Alan Clark2  in Liverpoolamancalledgeorge 2 votes

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,904
    I’m interested, in that it’s part of the history of this country and I understand the significance of the role of monarch in the way we do things, rather than the ‘royal personality’ which is all the press and much of the public sadly seem interested in nowadays. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• ShepsSheps Posts: 2,228
    Have to agree with @Hostafan1 I just hope they're paying for everything out of their own pocket.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,869
    edited April 2023
    clearly I move in the wrong circles. 
    I've not heard one single person talk about it, let alone say they're going to watch it on telly.
    To make it even more unwatchable, I hear take that will be performing.
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,330
    How appropriate
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 1,957
    Neutral.
    No one I know is bothered. 

Glad of the extra day off but that’s about it for me. 

More gardening (if the weather is nice). 👍🏼
  • Interested enough to watch It on TV
    I'm a bit miffed that it clashes with the opening weekend of the new Guardians of the Galaxy film. Under normal circumstances we would have gone to see it the Saturday morning but we'll be watching the coronation instead. It's not that either of us are big fans of the royals but we do both like historical events and in all likelihood, this is the only coronation we'll see (assuming Charles has the same longevity as his parents). At least we have the bank holiday to go to the cinema.
  • Interested enough to watch It on TV
    I'll watch it on TV. My wife plans to go to London for the coronation. She was there for the diamond jubilee.
  • JennyJJennyJ Posts: 10,449
    I don't feel particularly strongly about it either way but I'll probably go to my parents' house to watch it with them. It's very unlikely that they'll see another one and I might not either.
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire. Soil type: sandy, well-drained