Forum home The potting shed

Looking to hear from gardeners about their views on eco-anxiety

Hello all, 

I hope you are enjoying the spring weather. 

I work at the London School of Economics. Myself & a student are doing some research to find out about gardens, wellbeing and eco-anxiety and need your help. 

Do you have 10 minutes to answer a short survey? 

https://lse.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0psJgMnFv3lcPn8

Thanks, 
Camilla

• janetfossjanetfoss Posts: 303
    Done.
    A very interesting survey. 
  • BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,686
    edited April 2023
    I have done the survey but one group of questions I found difficult were those that said ‘Over the past 12 months .…’ In the warm weather of summer I’ll be in the garden every day but in December or January hardly at all. Responding ‘Twice a week’ seemed an unsatisfactory compromise.

PS ‘A student and I .…’ not ‘Myself and a student ….’
    Rutland, England
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,837
    I agree @BenCotto. Impossible. I was hardly out there all last summer because it was far too hot for me, and I'm rarely doing anything over winter for the opposite reasons - the garden's designed to look after itself over winter.
    I don't think they'll like some of my answers anyway. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    I didn’t finish it either.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,537
    Me too.  Didn't give 'for fun' or 'because I enjoy it' as reasons though, nobody surely gets their hands dirty or digs all day just to 'impress other people' unless they are idiots!
  • BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,686
    Not “just” @Buttercupdays but we had two visitors this afternoon who admired the garden and claimed to be impressed. That for me constituted a pretty good reason to garden.
    Rutland, England