Forum home The potting shed

New gardening programme.

Can't find the right thread, but there is a new series The Art of the Garden, on Tuesdays, 7-8pm., on Sky Arts.

It started last week, and I have just watched the first part, it is on Dan Pearson, a designer I love, and I thought it was brilliant.
How can you lie there and think of England
When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 23,778
    Oh bother, we don't have Sky Arts.
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,854
    Does it have endless soppy shots of dozing dogs? If not, it's no good for me.
    Devon.
  • ShepsSheps Posts: 2,221
    Watched it last night...more about the design process and the designers themselves than about actual gardening like we are used to on GW...and I don't think there was a dog in sight.

Last night was about Arabella Lennox-Boyd.
  • nick615nick615 Posts: 1,478
    Most of these 'tempter' programme ads are for the more obscure channels one can only get by subscription?
  • LG_LG_ Posts: 4,343
    It's a good series - I watched when it was first on last year. Definitely about gardens and garden design more than gardening. Sky Arts is free on Virgin for me (channel 123) but I think it's also on Freeview? Try channel 11.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • JennyJJennyJ Posts: 10,415
    I think I've seen it before too, but I can't remember which channel it was on. I think I enjoyed it, but not so much that I'd go out of my way to watch it again.
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire. Soil type: sandy, well-drained
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,004
    I watched this series last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Very informative and engaging.
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • M33R4M33R4 Posts: 291
    Sadly don't have Sky Arts either and I am sucker for anything gardening!
    I wish I could garden all year round!
  • Loraine3Loraine3 Posts: 579
    If you've got Freeview it's on Channel 11
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,854
    edited March 2023
    it's not on any channel on Freeview on my telly :(
    Ch 11 is something called "PickTV"
    Devon.