Forum home The potting shed

Aeonium Flower

Does anyone have an Aeonium plant that has flowered beautifully like this one of mine? Sorry but cannot rotate pictures :|

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze Posts: 3,565
    @martynasmith Thankyou for sharing your photos this is the first time I have seen one in flower. I understand that one stem will now die back when it finishes flowering. Lovely to see. Your plants look lovely and healthy. Welcome!
    RETIRED GARDENER, SOUTH NOTTS, SOIL CLAY

A garden is an oasis for creation, available to anyone with a little space and the compunction to get their hands dirty.

Dan Pearson
  • wild edgeswild edges Posts: 9,041
    I had one that flowered itself to death a few years ago. The bees and hoverflies were all over it though. If they were hardier plants here I'd grow many more just for the pollinators.
    Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • bertrand-mabelbertrand-mabel Posts: 1,964
    Yes we added a photo and question back in January as we didn't know what would happen to the plant that had flowered. We decided to cut off the flower spike after it had been in full bloom, not like the photo. and so far all seems to be ok with the rest of the  plant.

• coccinellacoccinella Posts: 602
    One of mine is in flower too at the moment. When the flower is finished I cut the entire branch (it would die anyway).