Forum home Wildlife gardening

Long tailed tit visiting

BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,686
edited March 2023 in Wildlife gardening
Is that a look of lust in the bird’s eye?

And now looking to see if there are any more inside

Rutland, England

• Slow-wormSlow-worm Posts: 1,576
    Aww! Brilliant photos! 😃
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,837
     :D 

They're just gorgeous aren't they?  
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • CatDouchCatDouch Posts: 482
    Ha ha that’s brilliant 😀
    South Devon 
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy Posts: 6,742
    Love those pictures. Interesting to note we have a small flock of ltt visiting our feeders this week, not seen any for ages before this week.
    AB Still learning

• I have just started feeding the wild birds again after stopping due to the horrendous outbreak of Avian Flu down here. My feeding station is like Piccadilly Central. I have a wide selection of birds but one of my favourites is the flock of long tailed tits, usually around 15-20n of them, which arrive together each morning. Lovely.
    I am delighted this year, for the first time it looks as if I have a pair of blackbirds nesting in the ivy covering the old privy, also, I think a pair of tits or sparrows, also possibly a pair of pigeons have all decided the ivy is for them this year. I put up 2 new boxes and both have blue tits in residence already. I couldn't be happier.
    A few days ago a hen pheasant visited my neighbours front area and a couple of days later I had a male one sitting on my conservatory step, looking in. He was gorgeous in his full plumage.
    The "stick on the window feeder" is being used regularly by robins and tits now. Some stay and have a good feed, others fly in, grab some morsel and fly off immediately. It is fascinating to see them so close.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Posts: 12,399
    @Joyce Goldenlily, I'm very envious of the number of long tailed tits you have visiting, we only usually get two or three.

No takers for my 'stick on' window feeder, I think it's too high up. Tried to move it the other day but couldn't budge the suckers! Might wait till it's warmer and then have another go.
    North East Somerset - Clay soil over limestone
  • LunarSeaLunarSea Posts: 1,865
    Love it @BenCotto :D
    Clay soil - Cheshire/Derbyshire border

I play with plants and soil and sometimes it's successful

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,837
    Getting their territory sorted @david25:17  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • I had one a couple of years ago which spent hours looking into the window at the back of the shed. I think they think it is another tit which they fancy!