Forum home The potting shed

Gardeners are such nice people!

I thanked the contributors on my recent thread, all of whom are so generous with their time and knowledge, with this comment:
"A phrase in our house is 'Gardeners are such nice people', which is based on a comment made by a friend who had started volunteering at a big garden and was loving the people, despite differing ages and other interests her colleagues had.  It is true! I have always had such positive and kind feedback on here.  In fact I am now resolved to make this comment in a thread everyone can see.  Thank you again!'
So I make this comment here so everyone can see!

• Red mapleRed maple Posts: 1,088
    😁. Thank you for your post.
    I hope you continue to find this forum helpful.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 23,817
    Thank you.
    I hope so too. It's always nice to be thanked, you must be one of the nice gardeners!
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • I must say @adamadamant … I totally agree with you 👍 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Great sentiment and I agree. This forum shows how generous gardeners are 
  • UffUff Posts: 3,199
    Yes I agree @PassTheFox, in more ways than one. Most are willing to pass on good advice and I love the way they share their produce saying 'try these, see what you think' or would you like a root of these when you admire something. 
    SW SCOTLAND but born in Derbyshire
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,336
    Gardeners are the most generous of people in terms of eagerness to help, share knowledge and wiilingness to share plants.

I have lost count of the number of 'bits of plants', seeds, cuttings, etc etc I have been given over the years. Some from neighbours keen to share their interest with a fellow gardener, others from a chance comment to a complete stranger of 'Oh that's nice when passing or visiting a garden' and some from fellow members of this forum when we've had a meet up.

More experienced gardeners are always happy to explain things and share their knowledge.

It's like that in real life and it's reflected on this forum. Long may it ever be thus. I'm glad you have found this such a helpful and friendly place to be.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Slow-wormSlow-worm Posts: 1,576
    It's true! 😊❤

• bertrand-mabelbertrand-mabel Posts: 2,655
    In our village we have a garden club. We meet in gardens throughout the spring/summer months. Mostly though people just want to have a chat and eat the cake but the transfer of information about how they are able to grow xyx and we can't is so interesting. We learn ever year from just these local visits.
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,819
    Nice try @plungepools2
    On yer way....
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 3,688
    Already have a Plunge Pool - just watched Mrs. Blackbird using it.