Forum home Problem solving

Identifying Seeds

Hi! I need to buy more of these seeds for my workplace - however no one seems to have any clue what they are. Can anyone help?

Cheers!

• pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 2,056
    Dill? Or an umbellifer of sorts..
  • One of the umbellifers, but hard to say which.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,221
    edited 24 January
    What does your workplace do with them?  That might narrow down the possibilities. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,868
    I was wondering about dill too.  Do they smell of anything?
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Derbyshire but with a Nottinghamshire postcode. Posts: 16,470
    Could be anything from cow parsley to hemlock.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,836
    They could be Fennel seeds,  do they have a slight aniseed aroma?  Crush a few and smell them. 
    AB Still learning

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,868
    But don't try eating any unless you're absolutely sure of the ID - see "hemlock" above.
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • bédébédé Surrey Hills, acid greensand.Posts: 1,352
    Some idea of scale would help me.

I know they're not, but they do look a bit like Ai Wei Wei porcelain sunflower seeds.

"Have nothing in your garden that you don't know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,097
    I'll tag your name @jmagee, in case you use those and haven't seen the responses.

As @Dovefromabove says - what does your job involve, that you're using them? That could help with suggestions  :)  
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• kippsattackskippsattacks Midlands, IrelandPosts: 21
    These could be Angelica seeds.