Forum home The potting shed

Garden Gallery 2023

Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,708
Here's the sequel to Garden Gallery 2022 which ended with our gardens covered in snow and some spectacular pics of hoar-frosted plants.
I am opening this new Garden Gallery with some more frosted specimens pictured this morning...
Pittosporum tenuifolium 'Variegatum'
Echinacea purpurea 'Js White Prairie'
Skimmia Japonica 'Rubella'
Cornus hongkongensis
Dorycnium Hirsutum 'Fréjorgues'

Pieris japonica 'Cupido'
You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).

• LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,977
    Nice pics! I have sown some seeds of Dorycnium Hirsutum this winter, Papi. (Known to me as Lotus hirsutum, naughtily collected from Sissinghurst). Do you think they'll come up? I have left the seed trays outdoors to naturally germinate in spring.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,708
    Loxley said:
    Nice pics! I have sown some seeds of Dorycnium Hirsutum this winter, Papi. (Known to me as Lotus hirsutum, naughtily collected from Sissinghurst). Do you think they'll come up? I have left the seed trays outdoors to naturally germinate in spring.
    Thanks! Your seeds of D. hirsutum should germinate all right. Actually my current 2 specimens are re-seeded from the original specimens. The seeds tend to travel a few metres away from the plant, and I have collected and given away quite a few specimens found on my lawn!
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • steveTusteveTu UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)Posts: 2,525
    Garden photos.... Not mine I should add - I wish...

UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,088
    Gilding the lily - some of them 
    In London. Keen but lazy.