Forum home Problem solving

Peppers Attacked?

Hi, I have a question please about growing Peppers in a Greenhouse,  every year I get lovely , decent sized Peppers, but they always seem to get attacked by some little critter ( yet to catch or see one?)  my Peppers have small holes in them & when I cut them open there is a mushy mess , no matter how I clean or  net it always seems to happen? What else can I do to stop this please?? TIA Connie

• bertrand-mabelbertrand-mabel Posts: 1,903
    Could be woodlice. I know that sounds odd but they do climb and get into all sorts of areas.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,838
    edited 20 January
    Snails,  I  know you would expect to see them but I  had similar problems in my Allotment greenhouse one season.  Never saw any Snails until at the end of the year I used a smoke bomb, to clean up. Afterwards there were dozens of tiny Snails in the grooves of the struts of the frame. (Aluminium G/H). 
    AB Still learning

• connie77connie77 Posts: 144
    Allotment boy , there has been no trails for snails? On a Pepper surely it would show? I know what you mean about a Smoke bomb but I garden organically
  • connie77connie77 Posts: 144
    edited 20 January
    I use Citrox
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,838
    There were no slime trails,  that's why I was perplexed too. When I used the smoke bomb I  had emptied the greenhouse of all crops. 
    I  use citrox too.  Maybe try pellets based on ferrous sulphate,  they are approved for organic use. 
    AB Still learning

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,255
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh