Forum home Problem solving

Commercial garden waste?

Hi, I have a small garden business but am unable to take the associated waste to municipal tips. Where do other commercial gardeners take theirs to dispose? 

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,861
    A popular local gardener that has become a friend over the years has an arrangement with our local cricket club that he can burn all his garden waste on a bit of their spare land.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • bédébédé Surrey Hills, acid greensand.Posts: 1,342
    The local pikeys have no problems.
    "Have nothing in your garden that you don't know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
  • thevictorianthevictorian Posts: 726
    edited 17 January
    Our council tip takes trade waste but at a cost.

If you have shredded material then see if the local allotments will take it. At our allotment they have a big pile that people use for paths/mulch. Grass clippings are also welcomed for the compost heaps.
  • Thanks victorian, I have allotments nearby, might be worth asking. 
  • The tips here won't accept any, not sure why as they collect the household garden waste. 
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 2,417
    Surprised to hear that you are unable to dispose of garden waste at your tip.  I'd thought most had the facility but charge for trade as @thevictorian says.
    @WonkyWomble is a professional gardener too - perhaps she may have further advice/suggestions for you  :)
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,058
    It does seem ridiculous @Stuart oneill. They don't make it easy for small businesses like yourself, and then they wonder why there's so much fly tipping eh?

Hope the allotmenteers can offer you help.  :)
    Or possibly one of those local sites for your area through Faceache or similar if you use those ?  
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Thanks Fairygirl. It's a worry going into a new season. I try not to accumulate but at times I have no choice. 
    I used to store and burn, but neighbours are not very happy so need a new solution. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,058
    I hope you get it resolved. Does your local council charge a fortune?

Last time I looked at ours, a few months ago, you still had to make an appointment just to take a bit of household rubbish up there.  :|
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Phillipa2, they have no facilities for it. I can bring it as many times as I want in a car but not in a van.