Forum home The potting shed

Camera Talk 2023

FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,907
Due to a bit of chat on another thread, I thought I'd get my act together and start a new thread. Hopefully, we'll all be out and about a lot more this year, taking photos of all sorts of things.
An old photo [ January 1st 2017] to start us off.
A very un-snowy early winter. One of my favourite hills -Beinn an Lochain, from Beinn Luibhean, that spends a lot of time sitting on the infamous A83 Rest and be Thankful road

Link back to last year. Previous years should also be linked for anyone wanting a look
https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1061778/camera-talk-2022/p1

Start snapping!
It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,360
    Beautiful photos of lovely views. My only recent ones are of my grandchildren at Christmas and my garden looking drab then cut down and mulched so that the bulbs will show.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 3,028
    @Fairygirl Lovely to see both 2022 and now 2023. There are some lovely photos on here already. I was aware you enjoyed photography but not aware of these threads.
    For anyone who might be interested www.philmalpas is my brothers website.
    Now in my bookmarks. Thankyou.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker,for it involves hours of walking round in circles,apparently doing nothing. Helen Dillon.
  • LoxleyLoxley NottinghamPosts: 4,961
    People (including me) tend to dread winter, but it can be such a beautiful time of year. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,907
    edited 10 January
    Some lovely pix already folks - great! Glad you're enjoying it @CrankyYankee  :)
    I took a good look at your bro's site @GardenerSuze. Really ,really lovely. Many places that I've been to. I didn't make it to Suilven, but my walk pix from Stac Pollaidh are in one of the threads. You mentioned Stob Dearg in the other thread.  It's the famous, and most photographed hill as you enter Glencoe. It's the foremost Munro on the Bookil [Buachaille Etive Mor] - the Big Herdsman. It has two Munros, with two minor tops in between them. A great walk.    :)
    The oldest thread from 2016/2017 is a bit iffy as that was before the site was updated. Many of the pix take ages to load, and some don't load at all now, but I always added a link back, so if people are fed up with the weather they can spend an hour, or three, looking through them. I had a wander through them last night, and it was quite odd at times, and weirdly nostalgic  :)

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 3,028
    edited 10 January
    @Plantminded That is a beautiful sun set to cheer up a wet dark day. I have never seen ice in the surf before but then we did have some very cold weather towards the end of last year.

@Fairygirl Pleased you enjoyed the photos. I didn't realise that Stob Dearg was at the entrance to Glencoe. I think Phil will be up there working next week. He was at the very top of Scotland late 2022 and spent  about two months on Harris last Autumn.

OH has a big Birthday coming up very soon a photo of Stob Dearg is a gift from us all.
    I will write a note on the back of the frame about it, thanks to your help.

The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker,for it involves hours of walking round in circles,apparently doing nothing. Helen Dillon.