Forum home Tools and techniques

Any idea what i have

Got a garden tool set from other half and not sure what this is for..any help.. cheers 


  • PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,997
    Digging weeds out of a lawn. Ours is called a daisy grubber.
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,297
    For hoicking out dandelions and daisies at a guess!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,286
    edited 5 January
    Yes ... a daisy grubber.  Great for getting perennial weeds like dandelions and daisies out of lawns if you don't like them there.  Slide it down close to the root below the rosette of eaves so that the notched blade slices through the root ... you can then lift the rosette of the weed clean away with no trouble and leaving hardly a mark in the turf. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 10,541
    That sounds good, I'll have to get one of those.
  • joanna65joanna65 East London/EssexPosts: 49
    I have one of these, it's a really good tool for getting weeds out of the grass. I use it when the ground is damp and they come out easily. 
  • PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,997
    We have 4 of them and our son in law made us some others from reinforcing rods. We need that many as they d tend to get lost in the garden.
Sign In or Register to comment.