Forum home The potting shed

🥂HELLO FORKERS 🍀JAN ‘23 🥂 🍾

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,221
edited 1 January in The potting shed
We’ve said goodbye (and good riddance) to last year … a difficult year for so many in so many ways.  

Last night we raised our glasses in  hope of a peaceful, happy and healthy 2023 for everyone and, if there’s a little wealth around, a fair share for all would be good too. 

Here we have a place for everyone to say hello and chat about the bits and bobs of life with friends …  share celebrations and sorrows … and witter on about this and that … so find a comfy chair … the kettle’s on, there’s some Dundee cake and sausage rolls to eat up while we chat … 
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,221
    Good morning and Happy New Year to everyone 😊 ☕️🥂 

We had a quiet NYE, just the two of us with a lobster each and a bottle of fizz. During the day we chatted on the phone or online with friends and family, and watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang … a favourite of ours 😂 

Today there’s a chicken to roast … and the New Year’s Day Flower Count to do … I don’t think my list will be very long … I’m not sure if there’s even any chickweed in flower … 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 11,615
    Hello Dove. Happy New Year.
    S. E. NSW
    edited 1 January
    Happy New Year to you and yours  @Pat E 😃 

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,432
    edited 1 January
    Thank you @Dovefromabove.

Happy New Year to everyone.

We didn't see it in, too tired. I did a lot of gardening today. Trying to get it all weeded and mulched before we go to Norfolk. Lovely handyman, CB, will look after it and feed the birds.

The cold spell killed off all the flowers, none here. There are snowdrop and daffodil shoots.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 2,581
    Happy New Year to all and asunder!!

Joy, peace and good health for 2023.  

In Switzerland for the festive season.  No snow where I am near Geneva, very mild (for here - 9°C) and rather wet!!    

A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 2,170
    A very happy New Year to you all, may it bring health and happiness and good produce from the garden and allotments!
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 5,836
    Happy New year to everyone.  It was a brighter start here when I got up but the rain has returned. I was hoping to get a walk in or even a visit to the plots,  just for a look.
    I did stay up , no point in going to bed early here as the amount of fireworks were enough to wake the dead. 
    AB Still learning

• Desi_in_LondonDesi_in_London London regionPosts: 666
    Wishing everyone a healthy, contented and peaceful 2023 in a world more tolerant than it has been in recent years. We stayed in too ( and fell asleep only to be woken by fireworks - plus ca change).

@Dovefromabove -- I quite like lobster, but I'm too inherently lazy for the effort involved in extracting the edible bits!
    Kindness is always the right choice.
    I'll have your share then @Desi_in_London 🦞 😋

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 6,326
    Happy New Year to you all  :)
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first”