Forum home Problem solving

Mental health and plants

Hello can anyone advise me on how to send a little video in to GW ? 
I have been diagnosed with inattentive ADHD and bipolar and planting has really helped my MH 😊

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,869
    you  can't post vids here, only quite small pics. You can post links to Youtube vids or anywhere else that you can post vids.
    I agree, plants and gardens are good for mental health
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,135
    If you mean to send it into the programme, as opposed to posting it here, I think you'd have to contact the programme itself -using the links at the bottom of the page perhaps.  There might be further info on the main website too - this is just the forum  :)

Otherwise - YouTube is the most common method.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,255
    This is the site you’re looking for 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mw1h  

Glad to hear you’re finding gardening helpful. 😃 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 3,114
    @janeandperry When you send the video to them you will recieve an email with a long line of letters and numbers. They hold the video for a year but if at any time you change your mind you can quote the number and have it deleted. I did send one last year, made it on my own which proved to be almost impossible when you are thinking about the content too.
    Plus, areoplanes, bin lorries, people in the street etc it makes you realise how much noise is around you that you don't normally notice.
    I have noticed that the videos are generally more professional than they were a year ago. I would definiately make your video but use the process to help with your healing.
    Post it and move on, you may get a big suprise!
    Welcome to the Forum and very good luck. Suze
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker,for it involves hours of walking round in circles,apparently doing nothing. Helen Dillon.
  • bédébédé Surrey Hills, acid greensand.Posts: 1,366
    edited 1 January
    Since Gardeners' World on TV increased to 1 hour it has filled up with rubbish.  I no longer learn anything, nor really get entertained.  I usually video and skip the bits I don't want.  A bit more inner strength and I wouldn't watch at all.
    "Have nothing in your garden that you don't know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,135
    Aren't you lucky then @bede, that you don't have the problems other people have.  :)

@Dovefromabove's link is the one @janeandperry. Hope that works for you, and you continue to find gardening helpful. My girls both have ADHD but gardening isn't something they do. Reading and gaming both help them   :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,255
    edited 1 January
    For goodness sake @bédé … what an unkind post to start your year with. You must be feeling very unhappy …. I hope your year improves rapidly 🤞 😊 🤗 ☕️ 🍪 

💡 if you really must express your curmudgeonliness this is the place to do it … https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1062217/curmudgeons-corner-xxi#latest 
    offload your gripes and smile again 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• bédébédé Surrey Hills, acid greensand.Posts: 1,366
    edited 1 January
    I belong to the "get a grip" school.  

Amost any form of activity is better than dwelling on your own problems.  A lot less social media chatter might help as well.
    "Have nothing in your garden that you don't know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
  • floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 2,171
    I bought this unkindness up on another thread sometime ago but didn't get the courtesy of a reply. Hey Ho.