Forum home The potting shed

SEIZE THE DAY

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,181
A member of my family, a seemingly fit middle-aged person, has just been given a diagnosis of primary pancreatic and secondary liver cancer. It’s all happened in the last week. She’s gone from going to the doctor because she was feeling a bit unwell to being told that this will be her last Christmas.

So folks, if anything in life is annoying you right now maybe this little story might put it into perspective.  Enjoy your Christmas, appreciate your family however irritating they may be and thank whoever is up there that you’re not counting the days that you have left.

All the best.
Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,551
    edited December 2022
    I'm so very sorry @pansyface.   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,126
    I’m so sorry @pansyface … our love and kindest thoughts to you all xx
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 10,490
    That's grim @Pansyface, my sincere sympathies.
  • UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 3,014
    Never has there been words more true than your thread title @pansyface and goodness don't I know that. My thoughts are with you.
  • Red mapleRed maple YorkshirePosts: 557
    I’m so sorry to read such sad news @pansyface, but you are so right, that we have to be thankful for what we have. 💐
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,294
    Lots of love to you and all the family pansy💞
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,954
    Never a truer word spoken @pansyface. We get too wrapped up in stuff that doesn't really matter, and forget to count our blessings.

Love and best wishes to your relative, and to all of you x

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,021
    So very sorry to hear your sad news @pansyface
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 2,162
    That is sad news @pansyface such a shock to all the family, we had a similar situation last year, as you say, seize the day indeed.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 8,290
    Pansy sorry to read your news . You are so right . My condolences .