Forum home The potting shed

Happy Christmas

Hello everyone, I hope you're all ready for the festive break.

This is actually the final 'Christmas card' I'll post as Editor of GardenersWorld.com as I'm moving to a new role within Gardeners' World. I've loved editing the site and I'd like to thank you all for your support of the Forum over the last 11 years. I'm delighted to announce that my colleague Catherine Mansley is taking the reins as Editor of the site in the new year, so I sign off knowing it's in very safe hands and that she'll do an excellent job.

Wishing you all a Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.

Take care,

Daniel Haynes
GardenersWorld.com
x

• AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,006
    A Merry Christmas to you too Daniel, and best wishes for success in your new role  :)  
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,220
    Merry Christmas Daniel and your team. Thank you all for everything that goes on behind the scenes to keep the forum ‘ticking over’ 😊 

Congratulations and all good wishes for your new role Daniel  … and ‘hello’ to Catherine … exciting times for you both in 2023. 

Merry Christmas and a peaceful
    and healthy New Year to us all 

Dove 🕊 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks to you Daniel for all your work.  Hope your new role is weed free, warm, sunny and not too much rain  :D 
    Welcome to Catherine  :)  
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,225
    Happy Christmas, Daniel. Thanks for everything. Enjoy the new challenge!
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Merry Christmas @Daniel Haynes and hope the New Year brings you much happiness in your new role. Many thanks for your help and support over the years, it has been very appreciated. Best wishes to you.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,868
    Thanks Daniel, Happy New Year
  • UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 3,040
    Thank you from me too and a merry Christmas also wishing you best wishes in your new role. Welcome to Catherine.
  • Desi_in_LondonDesi_in_London London regionPosts: 666
    Merry Christmas and goodbye & good luck/welcome respectively!
    Kindness is always the right choice.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,297
    Great news for you Daniel - well done and good luck in the new role.

Thanks for all those years of looking after this site - have always appreciated the way you have balanced rules with pragmatism to keep the wheels turning smoothly- you’re a legend 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Merry Christmas to all the GW.com team - hope you all have the best time 🎄🎄🎄
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,095
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours @Daniel Haynes, and thanks for your work on this forum.
    Good luck in your new adventure.
    'Lang may yer lum reek'  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....