Forum home› The potting shed

❄️ ☃️ 🎄 RESURRECTED 121 🎄 ☃️ ❄️

Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,503
Its that time again. Carry on with the general chit chat all.
Winter  wonderland Beautiful places Outdoor

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,503
    edited December 2022
    Debs, you are a real social butterfly. How nice though to have all these things to look forward to. My hair appointment is next Thursday. I did book this about 4 months ago. Have a rave time!
    T'Bird, it sounds like the visit of your OH (to be followed by you tomorrow) is all the tonic your MIL needed. Your comment re the decs and your OH did make me smile. Handy brother doesn't put any up - he is a bah humbugger! Oh he got the water problem solved today. The pipes in his loft had frozen but all is fine. Can you have lofts in bungalows??
    I am so jealous about your feathered visitors T'Bird. I have never seen a fieldfare in real life but love watching them when they are shown on TV. I seem to remember a young Scottish girl feeding them from her hands in one programme. It will soon be time for our next Big Garden Bird survey.
    Well done your team Ante. We can breathe easy for another 4 years - well after tomorrow anyway.
    p.s. T'Bird, I meant to say that I got that string of lights in 'sco. They are battery operated and can be either inside or out.
  • Ante1Ante1 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 2,568
    Evening all.

Thank you all. It was quite celebratory evening with firework. 
    It's quite cold and windy, but according to forecast we will have warm whole next week, including Christmas. 
    Poirot is on tv, so it will be my entertainment for tonight.
    Night night Ruby.
    I am signing out for tonight too. I think Strictly will be the hot watch for tonight. See you all tomorrow.
    The 10 Most Memorable Scenes From Holiday Movies  Charlie brown christmas  Snoopy christmas Snoopy

Night Ante - just spotted you as I posted. Enjoy Poirot.
  • Ante1Ante1 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 2,568
    I'm signing out too for tonight. Poirot is finished and I'm going to bed.

Wish you all goodnight and sweet dreams.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 8,300
    Hamza has won Strictly . I am so pleased for that young man .He thoroughly deserves to win 
     I have to say the runners up were amazing .Night night again .
  • Enjoyed the final.  Night night all.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,432
    Oh Rubee, I haven't watched it yet!

We are back from the Quiz, won a box of chocolates but didn't make the top 3. Think we were 4th of 10 teams.

Strictly has been recording and we are watching Miss France, which is a big spectacular show here.

We had been trying to ring the elderly lady who is our NDN in France but couldn't get her at first. Rang again about an hour before we left and she was on her kitchen floor unable to get up, but she had managed to crawl to her phone. The emergency services said it would be at least a 3 hour wait for an ambulance so I rang the neighbours on the other side. They have wrapped her in a blanket and will stay with her until the ambulance comes.
    Dordogne and Norfolk