Forum home The potting shed

Things in the news...

steveTusteveTu UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)Posts: 2,512
edited December 2022 in The potting shed
This is insane.....

How weren't more people injured?

Edited to add: Just listening to Radio 4 and the woman who fell on the tracks at a tube station in London. Bloody hell. Two trains went through the station while she was on the tracks. And I thought I had a bad day yesterday as the clip holding a windscreen wiper on the car broke.
UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,847
    On its website on Friday it said the attraction was temporarily closed and asked visitors to reschedule their tickets.

Temporarily closed? :/ 

Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • EmerionEmerion Carmarthenshire Posts: 442
    That’s a lot of dead fish hanging around the city as well. It must have looked like something out of a Hollywood blockbuster when it exploded. 
    Carmarthenshire 
    If at first you don’t succeed, have some cake. 
  • steveTusteveTu UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)Posts: 2,512
    ...I wonder how many people turn up to SeaLife centres in full diving gear after reading that?.....
    Apparently some water was running down the road outside the hotel as well. Surf's up. I bet a Ford Capri would surf well.
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,184
    Mrs Peter Dutton, the Australian MP:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-australia-63996035

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • coccinellacoccinella Luxembourg Posts: 507
    steveTu said:
    ...I wonder how many people turn up to SeaLife centres in full diving gear after reading that?.....
    Apparently some water was running down the road outside the hotel as well. Surf's up. I bet a Ford Capri would surf well.
    or swimming in those pools up in between skyscrapers .
    When down go out and buy a packet of seeds
  • KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,525
    @steveTu Thankfully the tank burst at 5.50 am so there would be few people around.  A few hours later would have been a very different outcome.
  • KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,525
    Many years ago we were sat in a pub minding our own business when a number of members of the traveller community, who had some kind of beef with the landlord, came in to discuss things in their usual way.  The pub had 3 large fish tanks.  Had being the operative word after these 'gentlemen' threw chairs through them all.
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 1,095
    That's what I thought @pansyface.

The article doesn't even mention the fate of the fish .... I hope they managed to save a few.

Bee x

Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey