Forum home Fruit & veg

WATER WATER EVERYWHERE.....

purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,634
But not a drop to drink!
This is a first for me. Went out to get some rain water for the house plants and found this! Never happened before, but it did get down to -5 last night.

I do have more than one,  but they are all the same. 

• Same here but I'm only a bit south of you. I don't remember more than a inch or two of ice forming in the water butts the last few years. I went to check on my seeds in the shed and the pots are frozen solid.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,270
    Yep. Solid here too. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,707
    Same here. I don't think it's just to do with the low overnight temperatures. It's at least partly because it's not getting much (if any) above freezing in the daytime so the ice doesn't melt, and the next night more of the water freezes until the whole lot is a big block of ice.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 10,535
    We're the same here, I checked this morning. The frozen discs from the birdpath I tipped out over the last few days haven't thawed at all. It was -6.9 at 8.30 am, I think the coldest it's ever been here.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,634
    They have just said it will be -7 tonight!
  • Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 1,099
    We woke to -12.5C yesterday .... it was a balmy -10.5C this morning!

Bee x
    Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey   
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,634
    🥶