Forum home The potting shed

Hotmail

For some reason I'm not receiving emails to my hotmail account are they having problems or have I done something wrong and turned it off.

• My Hotmail account seems fine. 

Have you more than one device?  Is there a possibility that they’re not syncing … that happened to me once … it turned out to be a password issue … I’d changed the account password on my laptop but not on my phone so the Hotmail on my phone wasn’t updating. Could that be it?

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• mac12mac12 Posts: 209
    I only have my phone so don't think so 
  • 🤔 not that then. 
    I’m on my phone at the moment and my emails are arriving just fine. 
    Hope someone comes up with a solution for you …

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Thanks for your suggestion, I've had junk emails and can send emails but not receive 
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 3,129
    If you're getting junk, how do you know you're not receiving all mail? Are you expecting a specific mail from someone, and is the issue then at the senders end - ie have they got the right EMail (not misspelt) for you?
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,317
    Have you tried sending an email to yourself and see if it arrives?

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    steveTu  I usually get 5 or 6 every day but nothing since Monday night my partner has emailed me to try it and nothing.
    Pete.8 I've tried that but still nothing 

OK - you say you're getting junk - so are you using an EMail client or are you logging into hotmail on a browser.?
    steveTu  I don't know enough about these things to know what you mean. I go to hotmail on my phone and it automatically logs me on
    I would guess from that that you're using an Email client  (you tap an icon called hotmail?).  Do you have any filters set that you're aware of? Is there a box that has 'Flagged'  or 'Pinned' or 'Has Attachments' visible on your inbox screen? If you do, try tapping that and then tapping 'All messages' - and the box may then revert to 'Filter'.