Forum home The potting shed

Hotmail

For some reason I'm not receiving emails to my hotmail account are they having problems or have I done something wrong and turned it off.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,102
    My Hotmail account seems fine. 

Have you more than one device?  Is there a possibility that they’re not syncing … that happened to me once … it turned out to be a password issue … I’d changed the account password on my laptop but not on my phone so the Hotmail on my phone wasn’t updating. Could that be it?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• mac12mac12 Posts: 149
    I only have my phone so don't think so 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,102
    🤔 not that then. 
    I’m on my phone at the moment and my emails are arriving just fine. 
    Hope someone comes up with a solution for you …
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Thanks for your suggestion, I've had junk emails and can send emails but not receive 
  • steveTusteveTu UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)Posts: 2,510
    If you're getting junk, how do you know you're not receiving all mail? Are you expecting a specific mail from someone, and is the issue then at the senders end - ie have they got the right EMail (not misspelt) for you?
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,852
    Have you tried sending an email to yourself and see if it arrives?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    steveTu  I usually get 5 or 6 every day but nothing since Monday night my partner has emailed me to try it and nothing.
    Pete.8 I've tried that but still nothing 

OK - you say you're getting junk - so are you using an EMail client or are you logging into hotmail on a browser.?
    steveTu  I don't know enough about these things to know what you mean. I go to hotmail on my phone and it automatically logs me on
    I would guess from that that you're using an Email client  (you tap an icon called hotmail?).  Do you have any filters set that you're aware of? Is there a box that has 'Flagged'  or 'Pinned' or 'Has Attachments' visible on your inbox screen? If you do, try tapping that and then tapping 'All messages' - and the box may then revert to 'Filter'.