Forum home The potting shed

Snow! what's that?

BraidmanBraidman Sunny QuedgeleyPosts: 266

Have our first snow here in sunny Quedgeley for about five or six years, hate the stuff but the kids have been having the time of their lives!
At least the temps have rise!

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,861
    I'm looking at the weather radar and can see it edging toward Essex :)
    Only a little at first, but possibly heavier later this evening.
    Can't wait 😃
    Just a really thick frost,misty and low clouds atm
    Off for a well-wrapped-up trundle across the fields with pooch now squirrel spotting 🙄

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar
    select Weather Type ON and you can see where it's snowing now

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,207
    Not a flake here. No ice. Just grey skies. I’m desperate to shift three old sledges out of our attic and into the arms of a charity shop, but the damn stuff just refuses to fall here.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Arthur1Arthur1 Posts: 532
    Plenty in Shropshire, and it has snowed all day. Still made it down the allotment though.
  • borgadrborgadr KentPosts: 543
    Lucky you!! Light rain here overnight before dropping to -3 which turned everything into an ice rink. Then hail and sleet today. Not a day for gardening.  A good snow covering would be nice!
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,288
    Had 2 or 3 inch of the stuff the other day , its frozen over now so won't be going anywhere soon. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,184
    We had a covering a couple of days ago … then freezing fog … today we’ve had some sunshine … but it’s not been above 0C all day. 
    That ought to discourage a few bugs and slugs … didn’t it? 🤔 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,704
    Braidman said:
    Have our first snow here in sunny Quedgeley for about five or six years, hate the stuff but the kids have been having the time of their lives!
    At least the temps have rise!
    No idea what sunny Quedgeley might be. It's actually a TOWN!
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,000
    Quedgeley is actually a surburban town (whatever that may be) of the city of Gloucester. Like many such places, it was once a small village/parish, but over the years has become one of the largest suburbs in the city. 
    It has quite a history going back to around 1095, and was once home to an RAF station from 1914 until 1995. That has now been demolished and is now a large housing estate.

Whether it's any sunnier than other areas of the City of Gloucester is a moot point.

Hope this helps @Papi Jo.

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,047
    My daughter's in her thirties now but I remember worrying ( bit of a strong  word )  that she would never see snow. She did and made a snowman with her cousin an her granddad. I have the photos to prove it. Whew!
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • BraidmanBraidman Sunny QuedgeleyPosts: 266
    Whether it's any sunnier than other areas of the City of Gloucester is a moot point.'

Of course it is, we have a sunny disposition, we may at one time, only be a stop on the road to other places south, but we are now a town!

We are in a vale or a valley, with the Cotswolds on one side and the Welsh hills on the other, last year being extremely dry, on a couple of occasions I stood in my plot, clear skies overhead, as dark clouds passed by over both the Cotswolds and Welsh hills, praying that they would dump their rain on me not elsewhere, my praying was in vain, else where got the rain!

We are also referred to as, "Windy Gulch" with good reason.

Cheers!