Forum home Fruit & veg

Good service from Orange Pippin

Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,855
I bought 2 apple trees - Scrumptious and Herefordshire Russet
The enormous box looked ok but when opened I found the Russet snapped off at the graft.
I emailed a pic to them and they responded that a replacement will arrive early next week.
Very good service.

Interestingly the huge box had Frank P Matthews printed all over it.
I suppose one must own the other.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 10,493
    That is good service @Pete.8, now you only need the ground to start thawing!
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,855
    🤣 Exactly - the scrumptious has been in its bag in the garage since wednesday! I did add a drop of water and gave the bag a shake a few times.
    Got back from walkies a little while ago so while I was still warm I took it to the greenhouse and put it in a 22L pot filled with compost from the tomato bed. Gave it a water and left it behind the greenhouse.
    I prepared the area where they're going a few weeks ago, so should be able to get them in the ground in the next few weeks.
    Now warming up with a nice cuppa and the last mice pie - so need to make more urgently :)
  • Mice pies @Pete.8  :D:D  Do you soak the mice in alcohol or go for the "natural" touch ?
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,855
    A good 100ml brandy in 1.5Kg :) after all  - it is Christmas, so any excuse to use alcohol!!