Forum home Problem solving

Greenhouse sensations

I have been trying to buy an Xmas present from Greenhouse sensations. I am a huge fan and believe there are lots of fans of theirs out there. There website seems down and unresponsive. In addition, a number of their distributors (like Harrod Horticulture) now have notes such as "discontinued" or "out of stock" against their products.
Have they gone out of business?

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,869
    https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1069905/greenhouse-sensations#latest

you posted this before and I responded to the best of my ability
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,869
    I saw your post yesterday and tried to find something to indicate if they're still trading.
    I couldn't find anything to suggest they are still trading.
    I suppose it's possible they are having some sort of major reorganisation, but that may be grasping at straws.
    Companies House reports the company is still Active, but that may not be fully up to date.
    I did find some historic info though-
    Contact for Greenhouse sensations
    Their phone number is Phone : 0845 602 3774
    Their email is - [email protected]

Good luck!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • KiliKili Posts: 1,019
    Just tried there website and it all seems to beworking for me 

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,869
    @Kili that site doesn't come up for me
    edited December 2022
    Its working for me. Its not a cached page in my browser as I can browse all the links tried it in 3 browsers and see the site every time. I am using a VPN and am currently browsing from a server hosted in London.

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

Interestingly when I disconnect from my VPN I cant see the website. Investigations on going

George Bernard Shaw'

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,869
    edited December 2022
    Strange - I can't get to their website on my Windows PC, but my Android mobile brings up their website straight away....

Update - on their site on my mobile it says - 
    Unfortunately we cannot process any order at the moment. We will be back online as soon as we can. Apologies for any inconvenience 
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Kili
    I also tried it through another browser and got to the site - but if you click on any product, it just says, "unable to process an order at this time" (which it has been saying for nearly 3 weeks now). Very sad if they've gone out of business - great products! 
    edited December 2022
    Using online tools it states the website is down. But dropping to a CMD prompt on my computer I can ping https://www.greenhousesensation.co.uk/ and get a reply. I suspect there's a DNS issue somewhere on a DNS server and the address is not resolving correctly.

George Bernard Shaw'

edited December 2022
    Running a tracert test shows timeouts so there's probably a DNS server offline or down somewhere along the route.

George Bernard Shaw'