Forum home The potting shed

Show us your baubles!!

WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,305
edited December 2022 in The potting shed
It's that time of year again folks!
I'm planning on decking the tree at least this Saturday but here's the place to jingle your bells and display your Christmas spirit.... Be it in a glass of glad tidings or on a tree!!

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 4,044
    I’m starting to put ours up next Thursday. That’s the day the gardener is here and there is not much to do in the garden at this time of year, apart from remove molehills, so she helps with the decorations to have the house ready for my birthday. It’s a big one this year with lots of guests.
  • LG_LG_ SE LondonPosts: 4,049
    We'll probably not do anything about the tree until the 15th but we're doing another 'window Advent calendar' this year so I'll post some pictures of them once there's a few more. 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,296
    Look forward to that @LG_. I remember the last one being wonderful 🤶🏼🎅🏻🧑🏻‍🎄
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,305
    Absolutely beautiful @Chicky and I'm sure the star topper will be the icing on the cake! I've got my tree but it's having a drink in a bucket but I'm hoping to get it in and adorned as soon as I get a decent amount of time! Looking forward to seeing the advent windows @LG_
  • LG_LG_ SE LondonPosts: 4,049
    I think they'll be slightly more low-key this time - the last ones were in 2020 and were definitely a product of lockdown: several people still working from home, a couple on maternity leave. This year people are busier, and we decided to do it with much less notice. I was exceptionally lazy and retrieved my original '1st December' from a drawer so it's a repeat (I do have another date to do later in the month!). 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,181
    That is simply gorgeous @WonkyWomble … that customer must really treasure your input … and I bet her husband does too. 
    You’re a 🌟 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,770
    @chicky - you have kicked us off with a gorgeous twinkling display there.

Lovely wreath @WonkyWomble, but not as wonderful as the difference you made to that couple today 💚

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,305
    Thank you @AuntyRach 💚 it's important she gets some guilt free me time and she comes home to a happy husband full of stories of what he's been up to. Hope you get better soon! Sounds like a real stinker! Honey and lemon toddy coming your way! Medicinal of course!

Thanks @Dovefromabove... Just how you taught me back in the country days of my childhood 😊