Forum home Problem solving

Cats. Pets or pests?

bédébédé Surrey Hills, acid greensand.Posts: 1,364
I name cats as in the top five garden, health and ecological problems.  How you I keep them out of my garden?
"Have nothing in your garden that you don't know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,070
    You've chosen the number one guaranteed subject to cause a row on the forum. Enjoy😒
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,118
    The search facility will bring several up.... ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

@pansyface - the sonic doofers wouldn't work on them, but the water scarecrows would!
     :D 

How we stop humans destroying everything else is another matter entirely though. The clown who lives across the back from me is currently installing [I assume] a log burner - he already has two in his various outbuildings. The chimney he's erected on the gable end of the house can probably be seen from space.  I very much doubt it will be legal.  :/

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,140
    @Fairygirl. That should be a nice contribution to planet warming. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 4,049
    I name this post as being in the top 5 topics to engender irascibility. How do I stop it being enflamed?
    Lyn said:
    @Fairygirl. That should be a nice contribution to planet warming. 
    I've taken a photo. Might stick it on here to show you. Maybe he'll set fire to his house...

@BenCotto :D

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,251
    edited November 2022
    💡 I’ve just realised … this must be @bédé ‘s subtle way of providing @Hostafan1 with yet more 💷 for his birthday on Thursday 🎁 

What a kind well-meaning chap Bédé must be 😍 

😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Perhaps the OP's query should come under the heading of "put the cat amongst the pigeons"  For those who followed the Words and phrases thread, this expression is recorded from the early 18th C  and the idea of the destructive potential of a cat inside a pigeon loft is explained as standing for.........wait for it............a man getting among women :D