Forum home Plants

2 PLANTS ID

JAYJARDINJAYJARDIN Posts: 159
Getting to feel guilty as I have so many that I cannot identify and I'm going to post a whole lot of them over the next week or so- I hope that's OK!
Any ideas as to these two ? First one- is both the plant on the foreground and the cordyline behind it.
How do I rotate the images ? they are the right way up when I select them !

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 23,618
    edited 23 November
    Don't be shy. We love having a go!
    If you crop your photos a tiny but before posting they come up the right way. Nobody knows why 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • WoodgreenWoodgreen Posts: 1,273
    Second photo looks like rubus tricolour perhaps?
  • JAYJARDINJAYJARDIN Posts: 159
    Thanks B3, I'll have a go at cropping them a bit. have to resize them anyway before posting them so chopping a bit off hopefully solves the rotation problem.
  • UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 2,881
    Pics right way up

• Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 4,096
    1. Shrub.
    Super strong flower buds.
    Safer to wait until they open before trying to id.
    Please add flower pics to this thread when they are open.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,101
    Shrub may be Forsythia 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Ridiculous place to plant a forsythia ! Hopefully it's small enough to be moved. Why oh why do people plant things that grow very tall in the middle of the garden? There was a Phormium in the middle of the garden that had grown to a colossal size, and it took up 25% of part of the garden, we have removed all the leaves but it nigh on impossible to get the crown out without a digger !
    Any ideas on plant 2, the low growing evergreen? It isn't rubus tricolour, it doesn't have any spines at all.
  • WoodgreenWoodgreen Posts: 1,273
    edited 23 November
    Rubus tricolour stems aren't spiny, they are slightly bristly, from what I remember.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 19,963
    Could the second one be ground ivy? Not really an ivy, member of the mint family. Are the leaves scented? It has pretty little purple flowers, a wild flower or invasive weed - as you like.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    It's tipping it down with rain again - sigh- so I'll go and have a sniff of it tomorrow. It does look like a member of the mint family. I've just looked up ground ivy and the leaves are not wrinkled enough. Any more ideas ?