Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🍂 NOVEMBER ‘22 🍂 🍂 🍂

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 86,100
edited December 2022 in The potting shed
November has arrived, golden leaves are swirling around in a blustery wind, and here’s a new thread where all are welcome to say hello, chat about the bits and bobs of life …

We’ll laugh and cry together, cheer and commiserate, and hold each other’s hands as we negotiate the slippery paths that face us all, knowing that we travel along with friends. 

So choose a comfy chair, put your feet up, the kettle’s on and there’ll be something tasty later on … apple cake anyone?…. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• tui34tui34 Posts: 3,206
    Good morning everyone.

Sun!  We have sunshine after quite a long time of dull grey dreary days.  It was very windy yesterday, so the clouds have been swept away.  I wonder how long the sun will stick around for?  The grey skies make the people down here quite crabby!!

@Pat E   I sincerely hope that you will get the right treatment for your thyroid and that you'll feel better.

We too, have had a drop in temperature @floralies but 15/16°C this morning isn't too bad.  Hopefully, a sunny afternoon to warm up the conservatory which warms up the lounge.

Still clipping, weeding and sweeping.  Today and tomorrow are traditional days for cleaning and decorating family graves with chrysthamums and cyclamens.

A la Saint-Mathurin, Des fruits rouges, c'est la fin!

I hope you all have a pleasant first day of November.
    Tui
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 14,361
    Hi all

Very heavy rain kept me awake, can here the stream from my bed. Quite reassuring to have the water back.
    Mouth is still sore, but I think it is gradually easing.
    How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 86,100
    edited November 2022
    Another one with a disturbed night eh @punkdoc?  Apparently OH was out in the garden with a torch about 3am trying to find what was banging and keeping him awake … he couldn’t find it and came back to bed and put earplugs in but could still hear it … I didn’t notice a thing … I slept like a log … 

Glad your gum is easing. Maybe a  🥃  would help?  At bedtime, not for breakfast … 😯

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 14,361
    Shame, @Dovefromabove, I was thinking  breakfast cognac might go down rather well.
    How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • You don’t need any excuse to lose your footing on a slippery path do you @punkdoc?  That way lies pain and humiliation 😉 

• @Pat E … I’ve taken medication for hypothyroidism for over twenty years now. The usual procedure is to start on a very low level of levothyroxine and increase gradually until blood tests show that the level is right for you. After that you’ll feel much less tired all the time … and I found I was able to concentrate much better … it really changed my life. Now I just have an annual blood test to make sure the dose is still correct. 😊 

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,598
    Good morning one and all. Autumn is usually late in this neck of the woods. My phone app says wall to wall rain for the next week. I always think November is pretty grey and dreary. (Ironically,my psychopathic ex husband was born on the 8th,) unfortunately, I couldn't forget it, because the MOT on my Astra was the same date!
  • Good morning everyone,  a wild and windy night here too.  It was quite bright first thing but we've just had a heavy blustery shower.  Anyone else finding the clock change still catching them out?  My wife is still getting up at the old summer time, I am bravely sticking to new time but I'm waking early too😅
    AB Still learning

• chickychicky Posts: 10,394
    Wild night here too 💨💨💨.  Several branches down.

MrC had his stitches out yesterday- all healed nicely.  This morning he has had a trial run of getting himself up and dressed unaided.  Went well (even got his socks on 🧦) , so tomorrow I will be off to Citizens Advice.  Littlest chicklet is in the house (working) so will be able to help if needed.  Feels like we have passed a mini-milestone.

Was going to spend the day gardening - but think the weather is a bit much for me.  Instead I’m going to the GC to get compost and grit ready to plant up my tulip pots now that November is here.
This discussion has been closed.