Forum home Garden design

Patio slope

2»

• The garden slopes gently towards the house, the patio has been laid with the angle being high to drain water, but its too high. The patio never met the lawn, it was higher than the lawn. This was filled in with top soil then turfed but there is now a noticeable dip in the grass behind that. All because the angle of the patio was too high? 
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,905
    I'm late to this conversation @hellykelly11omW-yVzE, but it does sound as if the installers haven't really gauged the site very well. 
    It was fairly obvious from your initial post which way the patio sloped - you wouldn't put drains at the house if it was sloping upwards in that direction. If there's then a drop to the grass from the end of the patio, that should have been obvious to the installers before they laid the paving, or at least - before they laid all of it. They must have misjudged the angle of the slope [human error?] but they should have corrected that. It sounds like they've just bodged it because their error has become clear as they got to the end at the lawn. 

I think you need to contact them. If my statement is correct, it isn't satisfactory, but you should certainly address it with them. The annoying thing is that the paving itself looks like a lovely job!
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • In your pics it appears that the lawn is higher than the patio, especially the far right of the first one by the wall and fence.
    If the lawn is actually lower than the patio then yes, it's wrong.
    It's difficult to comprehend that someone would do the job wrongly and create themselves more work in the process.