Forum home Garden design

Which colour flowers would you put with hot pink?

I've grown these two salvia from cuttings - it's cerro potosi - and I've just planted them. They're looking a bit leggy and in need of some TLC and I'm intending to buy a couple more next year to have more of an impact, but any thoughts as to what colours you would plant alongside them? I would have gone for purple but against the fence purple really doesn't pop. Maybe white? All opinions welcomed  :)

• FireFire Posts: 18,946
    Cream Mirage would look good.
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,299
    Anything but red, yellow or orange😊
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze Posts: 5,617
    edited September 2022
    I would plant red with hot pink you could then use purple too.
     Retired Gardener, new build garden, clay soil, South Notts.

The more I garden the less I know but the more pleasure I get from it. Monty Don 
  • Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,550
    pale lilac geranium 💜
  • LG_LG_ Posts: 4,345
    I love bronzes, browns, maroons with hot pink. A bit of Geranium 'Orkney Cherry' ground cover? Sedum 'Touchdown Teak'? 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 23,790
    I think I would choose white. It would show up well against the fence and wouldn't clash with the pink.
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • FireFire Posts: 18,946
    Gaura?
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze Posts: 5,617
    edited September 2022
    Sorry thought you just wanted Salvias.@LG_ has made some lovely suggestions if you want to add different leave shape colour and texture as well.
     Retired Gardener, new build garden, clay soil, South Notts.

The more I garden the less I know but the more pleasure I get from it. Monty Don 
  • I'd go with Salvia Blaze of Fire cos I love a good clashing colour pop. And will look amazing against your fence, which is the same colour I have and I'm going to try this combination myself now, thank you 😊
    It's knowing what to do with things that counts - Robert Frost