Forum home Wildlife gardening

Foxes: Reinstating fear of humans

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,860
    I often stopped to let Hubby buy a paper in the morning. Every morning in winter a guy stopped his car and went in and did his shopping whilst the engine was running . I was tempted to drive it up the road just to see his reaction when he came out of the shop.
    Devon.
  • bcpathomebcpathome Posts: 1,301
    I thought this thread was about foxes ……….think we’ve all gone off the subject somewhat.
  • FireFire Posts: 18,963
    Hostafan1 said:
    Every morning in winter a guy stopped his car and went in and did his shopping whilst the engine was running.
    I guess the cost of petrol is just too low.

bcpathome said:
    I thought this thread was about foxes ……….think we’ve all gone off the subject somewhat.
    OMG " internet chat thread goes off topic " 
    that's never happened before.  :D
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,312
    Are we breeding enough to replace ourselves in the UK?  
    Is it affluence, welfare state or religion that reduces the need to procreate?
    If you're fairly certain that you'll be looked after in old age, the need to produce multiple offspring reduces. Here, we are not producing enough offspring to pay the taxes to look after us so pretty soon, if not now, we need the offspring from other countries to pick up the slack.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Given the way bojo the clown and Miss Penelope are spending, taxes for younger folk are going to have to go through the roof at some point
    Devon.
    ?
    there's only so long our national debt can be " kicked down the road " 
    Devon.
    I get your meaning and agree with the sentiment but your metaphors could be honed a bit😉 @Hostafan1
    you've lost me Poppet.
    Devon.