Forum home Wildlife gardening

Foxes: Reinstating fear of humans

15678911»

• B3B3 Posts: 27,324
    @LunarSea don't you think it's fair that you should contribute to the upbringing and education of the generation that will look after you in your dotage ?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • bcpathomebcpathome Posts: 1,302
    Do you actually know how much child allowance is? It’s a pittance.
    You are all just sniping at each other now .It reads like teenagers ranting ,with you said ,I said .
    For goodness sake agree to differ and let’s move on .
    PS child benefit is deducted at source from the husband/ partners wage
  • Isn't that if you're a 'High Earner' earning over £50,000 p.a.?  I may be wrong ... it's a while since I dealt with such things.  

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,863
    A cleaner where I once worked said her daughter was having another baby " as the extra one means they'll get a bigger council house "  her words, not mine.
    I replied " She's bringing a human into the planet just to get a bigger house? " 
    " yes " 
    Devon.
    Just one ,out of thousands who have them for other reasons .Get it in proportion.I’m sick of all this sniping ,I joined the thread to discuss foxes ………I’m out 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,863
    bcpathome said:
    Just one ,out of thousands who have them for other reasons .Get it in proportion.I’m sick of all this sniping ,I joined the thread to discuss foxes ………I’m out 
    bye then
    Devon.
  • LunarSeaLunarSea Posts: 1,865
    LunarSea said:
    How would you propose limiting family size?

As @Hostafan1 alluded to earlier - one way is to stop making it financially conducive for women to keep having more children. ...
    How on earth are the women doing it ... parthenogenisis, virgin birth ... do tell? 😉

:D Well maybe I should have said "couples" but I guess I was swayed by the case of my half-sister with 10 children where that doesn't seem to apply  :/
    Clay soil - Cheshire/Derbyshire border

I play with plants and soil and sometimes it's successful

• LunarSeaLunarSea Posts: 1,865
    B3 said:
    @LunarSea don't you think it's fair that you should contribute to the upbringing and education of the generation that will look after you in your dotage ?

Weren't we talking about "limiting family size"? Did I not use the phrase "keep having more children"?

So maybe those two children that I've happily paid for might look after me in my dotage?  :)

Clay soil - Cheshire/Derbyshire border

I play with plants and soil and sometimes it's successful