Forum home The potting shed

TIMEWASTERS

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 86,157
edited August 2022 in The potting shed
This is the place for time wasters and procrastinators for after we’ve frozen the beans, pickled the cucumbers and done a rain dance…

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 86,157
    edited August 2022
    Go to Google and type the word Cat then click on the paw print 

When you’re bored with that try to delete the word Cat. 😖 

Have the sound on. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,583
    I've become slightly addicted to videos of wood turning.
    Devon.
    Turn the sound on and relax …

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J2UyOTS3UCE 

• chickychicky Posts: 10,396
    Hostafan1 said:
    I've become slightly addicted to videos of wood turning.
    Mr C’s viewing of choice.  If you ever exhaust the internet’s supply you can move on to spoon carving 😳
  • B3B3 Posts: 26,560
    I sometimes wonder what I'd do without my tablet. Would I become really productive or would I go mad or sink into depression? Would I manage without the  whys ,whats, whos and wheres that I can check on Google and forget the answer within minutes?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Life is too short for wasting time. I was put on this planet to do useful things.
    Having a bit of fun is time we’ll spent …. I’ve done more than my share of useful things … still do some of ‘em … but now’s  my time to be self indulgent, sometimes silly and have a lot of fun. 

Life is so good (despite the rest of the world) that I sometimes want to lay on the ground and kick my legs in the air … but I’d probably have to get OH to help me up again 🤣 

• pansyfacepansyface Posts: 22,337
    I’ve lived long enough to have gone through the “being useful” and “getting things done” philosophy.

I’ve come to the conclusion that whether you do something or don’t do it, time will even out the effects so you might as well save your energy and do nothing.

It’s kinder to the planet as well.

Off for a lie down. 🙂
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    If you live in Derbyshire, as I do.
  • floraliesfloralies Posts: 2,527
    Don't spend time on this thread then @MikeOxgreen or you will be caught procrastinating    :)
  • scrogginscroggin Posts: 402
    Having a bit of fun is time we’ll spent …. I’ve done more than my share of useful things … still do some of ‘em … but now’s  my time to be self indulgent, sometimes silly and have a lot of fun. 

Life is so good (despite the rest of the world) that I sometimes want to lay on the ground and kick my legs in the air … but I’d probably have to get OH to help me up again 🤣 
    @Dovefromabove, taking time for yourself is so important, it's never time wasted 😊. It recharges the batteries and gives you the ability to cope with the ' full on ' days .