Forum home Problem solving

Patchy looking new lawn after 2 weeks

The bottom image shows my lawn after 14 days, and the above are after i mowed it. The lawn appears to be quite patchy and made me wonder whether these would fill in over time or if I need to add more seed to fill in the patches?

• UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 2,178
    Am I right in thinking that the lighter patches are the cut weeds that you spoke of in your other thread about the lawn? If so then it will take a lot more cuts to be weed free. By the end of the summer it should be starting to settle down.

Apart from that, the weather as it has been this past few weeks you are very lucky to have a green lawn instead of a brown one especially after so sort a time after setting the grass seed. Give it time and you will have a nice lawn soon. 
  • Uff said:
    Am I right in thinking that the lighter patches are the cut weeds that you spoke of in your other thread about the lawn? If so then it will take a lot more cuts to be weed free. By the end of the summer it should be starting to settle down.

Apart from that, the weather as it has been this past few weeks you are very lucky to have a green lawn instead of a brown one especially after so sort a time after setting the grass seed. Give it time and you will have a nice lawn soon. 
    Yes thank you, haha I live in Manchester so I’d checked the forecast thoroughly before sowing as I’d been on holiday the past week and came back to this. We’ve had fairly substantial rain so are quite lucky unlike some in the South. Hopefully things improve🤞