Forum home Problem solving

Changing email addresses

Just tried twice to change the email address on my account. GW then sends you an email asking you to click a link to verify that you have asked for the change to take place. When you click on the link you get a message saying the page cannot be found! This means you then can't change your email address as the site reverts to your former email. Sort it out GW.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,593
    Click on the gardeners world logo at the top left on this page,  over on the right you will then see ‘My Account,  then click on settings then choose ‘Personal details’ Change the email address and click on ‘save changes’ at the bottom of the page. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Lyn - I did all of that, but it won't save the changes until you respond to the verification email. And the link to verify is broken.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,465
    I’ve alerted the Mods to this … hopefully someone will take a look … if they’ve not melted in the office 🍦 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 20,593
    I’ve just changed mine,  it worked fine. 
    I did need to double click the ‘save changes’ though. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Sorry to contradict you again, but it does not work. It might say 'saved' but you will still get an email asking you to verify your new email and that link is broken. Try clicking on it. When you go back into your account your email will still be the old one

• KiliKili Posts: 910
    edited 12 July
    Sorry to contradict you again, but it does not work. It might say 'saved' but you will still get an email asking you to verify your new email and that link is broken. Try clicking on it. When you go back into your account your email will still be the old one

@Jack_Nicholson
    Are using a VPN. Not sure if it applies to GW but, the bbc block some VPN's with the message " only for UK residents blah...." .Not sure if that's applicable or not to email servers. Just a thought...

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,550
    Just to say. Only you can see your email address. Nobody on the forum can see it.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • No. I'm not using a VPN